Life

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

because it's all I know how to do

I was down by the court house today, actually more specifically right beside it, at a place called "Courtyard Lane". It's a building that one of Prince Georges Law firms work in. Right behind the law firm is an alley way that connects 3 different building complexes, and in this alley way attached to the building beside the law firm is a small staircase down into a basement and directly above it is another staircase that connects to the second floor of the building.

This would seem like a perfectly normal thing. Except for one fact. the stair case down into the basement is the "MOST" popular place for drug addicts to get high.

I stepped out of the van when we first got to the law firm yesterday and saw several seringe packages, all empty, and a used seringe. When I mentioned this to my boss (who is an Auxillary Police Officer) he took me over to the staircases and showed me where they like to get high. It was disgusting, there were seringes all over the place, and even more seringe caps (little orange things that go over the metal needle part) it was a mess.

Then about an hour or so after he showed me the mess these two native girls one skinny one bigger, walked past the van, and headed over to the stairs... We continued to work and then took a quick 5 minuted break to stand in the doorway to the second floor of the lawyers office and watch these girls at the other building. They looked up at us because we were staring... turned their backs and continued to inject whatever it was they injected.

That was yesterday. Today almost the same thing happened, we were about to drill a couple holes in the wall when this bigger native girl came around the corner with an older native male in a wheel chair, they parcked it right behind where we were about to work and she began to get ready to inject some drugs into her.

My boss went up to her and told her that he was an auxillary officer and asked her why she was doing that, her responce was, "because it's all I know how to do"

So he asked her to do it somewhere else because he didnt want someone who injects (and there for is probably infected with HIV, AIDS, Hep or something else) behind him while he worked with a contaminated seringe, and she very politely said ok and then moved around the corner to another building.

I feel so bad for these people, watching them do the drugs that destroyed any chance for a normal live they had breaks my heart. Though, it also makes me want to be a Police Officer so much more, because as an Officer I might have the chance to help someone who is on that path fix their lives before they sink so low that all they can do is drugs.

I go back to that job site tomorrow. I wonder how many more I'll see.

5 Comments:

  • You'll be a great officer...'cept, I'll worry about you too much, I think.

    Although, if you become an officer, you should create a new law that Wookies always win. ;P

    Ruv you!

    By Blogger becca, at Thu Jun 15, 02:16:00 a.m.  

  • Ha ha... That would contradict the already existing Law, "Wookie's never win" and plus, officers have nothing to do with the creation of laws...

    Phil, I'm very proud of you... you're very civic minded, and that will take you far in life.

    By Blogger Dez Dez, at Thu Jun 15, 08:35:00 a.m.  

  • hahaha dez beat you to posting on my blog also my new house will be on rainbow the second one in across from the high school. party hsould be on the 4 but i'll let ya'll know or sure later. and you better shake that ass

    By Blogger safromhell, at Thu Jun 15, 12:59:00 p.m.  

  • thats really sad. Siiiiigh.

    I miss the Phil! The Phil and The Jenny should hang out soon.

    God forbid we go to the pita pit and have a huge fucking pita that reminds everyone of a penis.

    Or maybe we could actually go to red robins when its not busy because the bastards were being... bastard the last time!

    By Blogger JJ, at Fri Jun 16, 10:48:00 a.m.  

  • no kidding... ok I say we go to lunch sometime next week. and we shall go to the Robin of the color Red!

    By Blogger Phil, at Fri Jun 16, 04:26:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home